1OpenGeo Suite 101
OpenGeo Suite is a geospatial web software stack produced by Boundless (formerly OpenGeo). Its modular components can be used to:
- store & transform geospatial data,
- produce & serve maps,
- create custom interactive web maps
- attain greater geographic accuracy than standard web mapping providers, and
- build geospatial applications where you control and own the entire geospatial application framework.
OpenGeo Suite bundles these features together into a convenient one-click installer.
OpenGeo Suite is open source and the basic edition is free. Boundless provides additional add-ons for enterprise, commercial support, professional services and on-going development of OpenGeo Suite.
- The basic components of Suite include:
- QGIS and our Suite QGIS Plugin for desktop GIS,
- GeoServer for serving GIS data, and
- GeoWebCache for caching map tiles, and
- PostGIS, a spatially-enabled relational database.
In addition to these components, Mapmeter adds monitoring capabilities to OpenGeo Suite.
All Suite components are modular and interoperable with other leading geospatial applications and frameworks.
OpenGeo Suite from Boundless complements and improves your existing implementations.
OpenGeo Suite works on a number of platforms and servers, is compliant with OGC GIS standards and supports a wide variety of spatially-enabled databases and vector and image formats.
Boundless offers enhanced features and extensions with our OpenGeo Suite for Enterprise packages, and Support, Training and Professional Services to help you architect, deploy and scale smoothly.
Boundless also has experience tailoring commerical solutions for Industries. Get in touch with us to find out more or check out our Case Studies.
3Spatial IT & the Spatial Web
Boundless SDK Templates
More Templates Coming Soon
We're working on more templates to help you get started building applications using OpenGeo Suite. Also view the tutorials in our Workshops section.
Categories: Client/UI, Map Services & Rest API, Styling & Projections, Data & Databases, Application Schemas, Advanced Features, Full End-to-End Application Stack Examples